Davidson Funeral Home
The history of Davidson Funeral Home began in 1919 as Peebler Funeral Home and was located at the same address as it is today.
In 1936, Clayton Eslinger purchased the funeral home, and the name was changed to Eslinger Funeral Home.
In 1954, Marvin Davidson and Frank Duff purchased it, and changed the name to Davidson-Eslinger-Duff Funeral Home. The Eslinger name was dropped in 1970, and Marvin Davidson and his wife Doris dropped the Duff name in 1982. The Davidson's operated the funeral home together until Marvin's death in October of 1993.
Doris Davidson continued to operate Davidson Funeral Home until she sold it to the Popkess family in August of 1997.
At Davidson Funeral Home, we are proud of having served Topeka area families for over 80 years. Our reputation for honesty, fairness and a true concern for the families we serve have been the hallmark of our funeral home. We look forward to the future, responding to the changing needs of our families, and providing the quality of service they deserve. At Davidson Funeral Home, your family is our top priority.
Ed Popkess Family: Left to right:
Eslinger Funeral Home 1952
Eslingler Funeral Home 1952
Davidson Funeral Home Ed Popkess: Owner / Mgr.
1035 N. Kansas Ave.
Topeka, Kansas 66608
Fax: (785) 233-1825
Toll Free: 1-888-726-6575
HISTORIC PHOTOS click to enlarge photos